Gay For Good – Los Angeles + Project Angel Food (Shift 1)
G4G LA + Project Angel Food - Shift 1
January 30, 2022
8:15 am - 12:30 pm
Gay For Good – Los Angeles is thrilled to be partnering with Project Angel Food this January. Gay For Good will have two shifts with up to 15 volunteers/per shift.
WHEN: Sunday, January 30 – 815am – 1230pm
WHERE: 922 Vine Street (between Willoughby and Barton), Hollywood, CA
WHY: Our group will help prepare and package the 3,000 meals Project Angel Food prepares each day for our seriously ill neighbors.
We are really depending on you, so if there are any changes to your schedule please let us know as soon as possible, so we can fill the slot.
Please remember the following essentials:
PARKING: There is free parking behind the building and parking on the street. The gate will be locked after 9am but buzz us from the call box on the right side of the gate and we will open the gate. Afterwards, everyone will be assigned to our head chef du jour and the real fun will begin.
- Please arrive promptly at 8:15am (SHIFT 1) or 1:15pm (SHIFT 2) for your orientations. We will begin your orientation when all the participants arrive.
- Ask for someone in Volunteer Services when you arrive.
- Your kitchen shift will end around 12:30pm (SHIFT 1) or 4pm (SHIFT 2).
- You will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated. Please provide a photo of your card (paper or electronic)
- Please wear closed-toe, rubber-soled, flat shoes when working in the kitchen. No sandals.
- Wear comfortable clothes (No cut-offs/mid-riffs, cap sleeves or tank tops, please)–shorts are okay when working in the kitchen.
- New Health Department Regulations prohibit all jewelry on hands, fingers and arms. Please leave all valuable jewelry at home. No earrings are permitted.
- You will need to cover your heads so grab a hairnet that we will be providing. Hats can be worn over the hair net.
- There will be NO parking in the lot before 8am. For afternoon parking in the lot, please look for the spots that do not have signs reserved for vans.
- Please check your temperature as you enter the building. See the wall mounted thermometer near the sign in sheet.
- Please don’t forget to sign in and out for every shift.
- Minimum age for volunteers is 14 years old. Anyone 14 or 15 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Masks must still be worn over the nose and mouth at all times.
- Based on current requirements, we do not have 6-ft distancing in all situations.
- Please remember, only scheduled volunteers will be allowed in the building. No walk-ins and no bringing guests.
- Stay at home for at least 24 hours after fever/symptoms of fever without fever-reducing medication.
- Runny nose or cough, even if you think it is allergies – Cannot Volunteer
- If exposed to someone who has COVID-19, you cannot volunteer until testing negative (3-5 days after exposure).
Signed two-sided liability forms for volunteers need to be filled out and signed before or when you get to Project Angel Food. Anyone under 18 must have parent or guardian sign the liability form.
Again, thank you for your participation . Project Angel Food honestly could not prepare and deliver the more than 3,000 meals that go out every day without people like you. If you have any questions you can call: Holly @ Project Angel Food at (323) 845-1816.
Other ways to support Project Angel Food:
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/projectangelfood
Follow us on Twitter @projangelfood
Follow us on Instagram @projectangelfood
#FoodisMedicine #CookingUpLove #FoodisLove
We can’t wait to see you!!!