G4G SF + National AIDS Memorial Grove
- G4G SF + National AIDS Memorial Grove
July 20, 2019
8:30 am - 12:00 pm
WHAT: Join Gay For Good San Francisco to help the National AIDS Memorial Grove look its best. The mission of the National AIDS Memorial is to provide, in perpetuity, a place of remembrance so that the lives of people who died from AIDS are not forgotten and the story is known by future generations.
With just one full-time gardener, upkeep of this important space, which extends to 10 acres, would be impossible without volunteers. We expect to be weeding, cleaning brush and debris and possibly planting new shrubs.
WHEN: Saturday, July 20 from 8.30am to 12pm
- Registration begins at 8.30, when there’ll also be a breakfast of coffee, juices, bagels and fruit provided.
- Gloves and tools are provided.
- We suggest that you wear sturdy shoes, and a hat or cap. No open-toe shoes, please! Sturdy clothing (jeans and long-sleeved shirts are suggested) is recommended to avoid getting scratched by twigs or branches, and to protect your knees in the event of hand-weeding.
- At noon, work will end, and volunteers gather for ‘Circle Time’ for announcements, and a moment of silence in honor of lives lost to AIDS.
- Lunch will then be provided.