G4G DC + Central Union Mission (Virtual Hygiene Kit Packing)
- G4G DC + Central Union Mission (Virtual Hygiene Kit Packing)
January 23, 2021
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Who: G4G DC + Central Union Mission
What: Making hygiene kits for the homeless
When: Saturday, January 23rd (6-7 PM)
Where: From the safety of your own home (via Zoom)
Additional Information: Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we are not holding any in-person volunteer projects until the spring. So we are holding a virtual event where participants can assemble health & wellness kits (from the comfort and safety of their homes).
We will meet via Zoom to be sociable and chat as we make the kits collectively (log-in details will be provided 24 hours beforehand).
We encourage everyone to make 10-15 kits in the course of the evening. The kits are very easy to assemble, and below is a list of recommended supplies to purchase. Participants are also encouraged to include a short message of inspiration for the recipient.
Once completed, these kits can be dropped-off at Central Union Mission (65 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001). You can drop them-off at the Front Desk or coordinate with their Volunteer Coordinator (Marc O’Brien) to set up a delivery time: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for helping now more than ever!
G4G Washington DC
Just take a quart-size, plastic Ziploc bag and fill it with any combination of the following:
- 2-3 disposable masks
- 2-3 pairs of disposable sanitary gloves
- Antibacterial ointment (travel-size)
- Packages of disposable alcohol prep pads (travel-size)
- Petroleum jelly (travel-size)
- Disposable tissues (travel-size)
- Package of disposable antibacterial hand wipes (travel-size)
- Package of disposable personal wipes (travel-size)
- 2-3 disposable adhesive bandages
- Small washcloth
- Small bottle of water, juice, or Gatorade