G4G Columbus + Creations for Alvis
- G4G Columbus + Creations for Alvis TUESDAY
March 2, 2021
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- G4G Columbus + Creations for Alvis WEDNESDAY
March 3, 2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
G4G Columbus is exited to support Alvis and their mission: “We turn lives around”!
Alvis’ reach includes re-entry programs, treatment for at-risk families, behavioral healthcare, developmental disability services, and workforce development training. With the isolation that COVID-19 has brought upon us all, Alvis’ clients are also facing the added challenge of working toward recovery and reentering society.
We have TWO service opportunities:
- Cooking meals or Baking treats
- Adhere to CDC guidelines when preparing the food
- Package in completely sealed disposable containers.
- Label food with ALL ingredients somewhere on the container — can be a post-it, etc.
- Indicate how many servings or items are in the package
- Homemade Creations
- Well Wishes and Cards
- Suggestions: Wishes of empowerment, reminders to clients that their community cares, and reminders that they are worthy, encouragements to turn their lives around, continue on their journeys to reach their goals, let their hopes and dreams motivate them to look to the future, not to let their past define them
- Do not seal any cards as staff will distribute them to appropriate clients based on messaging
- Easter or Spring-themed Decorations
- Used in clients’ residences and community areas as cheerful reminders of the current season or holiday, knowing you took the time to make something for them
- Games for Kids
- Suggestions: crosswords, puzzles, worksheets, and kits (our kids really love to build things)
- Plastic Easter eggs with fun prizes inside and paper/plastic egg decorations are also fun ways to spread joy
- Well Wishes and Cards
- Note: any materials needed will be purchased at participants’ own expense.
We have TWO drop off times for the above items:
- Collection efforts are being coordinated by Jesse (Chapter Leader). You will not be dropping off directly to Alvis. Text Jesse which drop off time you prefer at 614-664-3966, and he will send you the location. We are collecting during the following times:
- Tuesday 3/2 6p-8p OR
- Wednesday 3/3 12p-1p
We look forward to your participation in having us help Alvis’ clients! If you have any questions, you can text Jesse or email firstname.lastname@example.org !
Team G4G Columbus