G4G Boston + National Braille Press
"G4G Boston + National Braille Press" is currently sold out.
Please check back again later, as spots may become available.
- G4G Boston + National Braille Press
May 25, 2021
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
WHEN: Tuesday, May 25, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
WHERE: National Braille Press, 88 Saint Stephen St., Boston, MA 02115
ABOUT: Our longtime community partner National Braille Press (NBP) has resumed in-person volunteer shifts at their office!
We are excited to help them with a book assembly project for their Children’s Braille Book Club.
This is our first indoor volunteer project since December, and safety remains a top priority for both Gay For Good and NBP. This is a small group project, and NBP has important safety protocols and requirements that are a part of their effort to keep staff and volunteers safe and minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
- All volunteers must wear a mask for the duration of the shift. Click here for information on how to properly wear a mask.
- Volunteers enter into basement work area.
- On entry, all volunteers immediately use hand sanitizer.
- Volunteers keep 6+ feet from others (larger work area and smaller group helps make this possible).
- Shorter project time (two hours only)
- Online completion of NDA (no signing paperwork on site; no shared pens).
NBP is located a short walk from various MBTA bus routes, as well as the T stops at Northeastern University (Green Line-E) and Mass Ave (Orange Line).