G4G SF + Habitat for Humanity
G4G SF + Habitat for Humanity Greater SF
September 24, 2022
8:15 am - 4:00 pm
WHAT: Join G4G SF for Habitat for Humanity’s ‘Diamond Heights | Amber Drive’ event. We’ll spend the day on a construction site supporting the framing of 8 affordable multi-family housing units in Diamond Heights, San Francisco.
The donor of this land, 99 year old Mischa Seligman, was honoring the wishes of his mother who loved San Franciscans and wanted to give back to the city she loved dearly. Our work can contribute to California’s housing shortfall.
The project is still in the framing phase and the activity will be working hard to get walls standing upright and floorboards secured to the structure.
WHEN: Saturday, September 24 from 8.15 am to 4:00 pm (registration 8:15 – 8:30 am).
Note that this is an all day event and due to staffing needs for the day, we are asking that once you register that you commitment to not drop within two weeks prior to event start.
- BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH: A 45-minute lunch is scheduled at noon and Habitat has asked that we bring our own bag lunch. Also, please bring your own water bottle.
- BRING VACCINATION PROOF: Habitat requires vaccination to participate. To access your digital Covid-19 Vaccine record follow this link. https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/
- Clothing and PPE:
- Wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes, long pants, and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty/ruined.
- PPE is available in limited supply, but if you have your own work gloves and safety goggles to use, please bring them to reduce waste and cost.
- Prepare to be outside in any weather with layers and sun protection.
- Anyone arriving after 9:00 am, when orientation is over will be turned away for safety reasons.
- REGISTER AT HABITAT: If successful in securing a volunteer slot on the G4G website, please also register on the Habitat for Humanity website here: Habitat for Humanity September Amber Drive event