- G4G San Diego + Feeding San Diego (MLK Jr. Day of Service)
January 23, 2019
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wednesday, January 23, 2019 from 6 pm to 8 pm
Feeding San Diego, 9455 Waples St, Ste 135, San Diego, CA 92121
Join Gay For Good San Diego’s MLK Jr. Day of Service as we sort food items for families in need in our community.
All G4G San Diego volunteers are welcome! This event is open to everyone of all ages (6 years old and older), abilities, and gender identities/expressions. We ask that you sign a G4G San Diego waiver and release (which will be provided for you) before your volunteer shift begins. Please wear closed-toed shoes for this event and sign up on the Feeding San Diego for your shift. We will also take a group photo.
We do ask that each volunteer signs up to volunteer through Feeding San Diego’s online website using the instructions below. This allows the sign in process to be smooth and efficient and helps us to be sure we have plenty of work for all volunteers who arrive with your group. If you have any trouble with this part of the process, please let us know by email (email@example.com). Each person should complete this process themselves.
How Group Members Sign Up Online
1. Visit http://vhub.at/fsd
2. Click “Sign in” in the upper right hand corner and follow the steps as instructed.
3. During this step, you will be asked to enter your groups join code: 0220
4. Once you return to the main page, scroll down until you find your group’s volunteer shift.
5. Click the “Sign Up” button to the left of your group’s volunteer shift.
6. Each Volunteer will receive a confirmation email when signed up successfully.
A parent may sign a youth volunteer up by creating a separate account using the same email address, just be sure to choose a different user name for each account online. After signing up the child for the volunteer shift be sure to bring a paper waiver for any volunteers under 18 years, with a parent or guardian signature. The paper waiver is located here: https://feedingsandiego.org/
All volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes in order to participate.
Volunteers must be 6 and older to volunteer.
Any adults not signed up online must bring a paper waiver and all volunteers under 18 years must bring a paper waiver, with a parent or guardian signature. (https://feedingsandiego.org/
On the day of the event:
• Arrive at 9455 Waples Street, Suite 135 San Diego, CA 92121.
• Sign in, complete a name tag, and drop off waivers.
• Wait in the Volunteer Center for your Volunteer Event to begin.
• Volunteers will take a distribution center tour which will end at the project location.
• Make an impact! Bring a donation of nonperishable food like peanut butter, canned vegetables, or canned chicken.