G4G Boston + The Greater Boston Food Bank | Nov 18, 2023
G4G Boston + The Greater Boston Food Bank
November 18, 2023
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Join G4G Boston at The Greater Boston Food Bank! We will be sorting and packing food in the warehouse for distribution to families in need.
Date: Saturday, November 18
Location: 70 S Bay Ave, Boston, MA 02118
Transport and Parking Information: To park passenger vehicles up to 15 feet in length, turn left onto South Bay Avenue from Topeka Street, then turn left into The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB)’s parking lot. Parking is available in the gated lot located diagonally across the street from the main entrance. Cars must be removed by close of business at 4:30pm. All remaining vehicles risk being towed at the owners’ expense. The nearest T stop is Andrew Station on the Red Line. Bus routes CT3, 9, and 10 also service Southampton St. @Newmarket St, near GBFB facility.
About The Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB): The Greater Boston Food Bank is the largest hunger-relief organization in New England and among the largest food banks in the country. Last year, they distributed 117 million pounds of nutritious food to people who struggle to have enough to eat. They are committed to increasing our food distribution to provide three meals a day to every person in need in Eastern Massachusetts while supporting healthy lives and communities.
- Face masks are optional inside GBFB facilities and on the property, and social distancing still needs to be observed.
- Handwashing is encouraged before starting the volunteer activity and at the conclusion of their shift.
- Disposable gloves are provided by GBFB and hand sanitizer is available onsite. Workstations are sanitized and disinfected at the beginning and end of each volunteer shift.
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- If you are sick, please reschedule your volunteer shift.
This project is limited to 10 volunteers.
G4G Chapter Project Coordinator: Kaan