G4G Boston + Cradles to Crayons
"G4G Boston + Cradles to Crayons" is currently sold out.
Please check back again later, as spots may become available.
- G4G Boston + Cradles to Crayons
September 26, 2020
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
This event is “sold out” and all volunteer slots have been reserved.
Thank you for the strong response to this “return to volunteering” project!
WHEN: Saturday, September 26, 10:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
WHERE: The Giving Factory, 281 Newtonville Ave., Newton, MA 02460
ABOUT: Our longtime community partner Cradles to Crayons (C2C) has resumed in-person volunteer shifts at their new Giving Factory in Newton!
We are excited to head to the Newton Giving Factory, where we will roll up our sleeves and help provide local children with the basic essentials they need to thrive – at home, at school, and at play.
This is our first in-person volunteer project since February, and safety remains a top priority for both Gay For Good and Cradles to Crayons. This is a small group project, and Cradles to Crayons has modified The Giving Factory experience to ensure social distancing.
Cradles to Crayons has important safety protocols and requirements that are a part of their effort to keep staff and volunteers safe and minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Details will be emailed to all registered volunteers, but here are two important things to note:
- All volunteers must wear a mask for the duration of the shift. Click here for information on how to properly wear a mask.
- We encourage you to bring a reusable water bottle. We do not have water bottles, but you will be able to refill your bottles at our water stations.
- Please do not bring unregistered volunteers with you – to help us maintain social distancing within the warehouse, only confirmed volunteers will be allowed in.
If you volunteered with Cradles to Crayons in years past, please note that the Giving Factory is now located at 281 Newtonville Avenue, Newton, MA 02460.
It is a short walk from various MBTA bus routes, as well as the Newtonville stop on the commuter rail. Visit the MBTA website for more information.
- There is parking designated for volunteers in the front of our building, in addition to nearby, on-street parking.
- Please do not park in the Pooch Hotel parking lot.